A Free secure DNS service from IBM Security, the Global Cyber Alliance and Packet Clearing House
- Daily Operations
- Decommissioning Data Nodes
- Cleaning Up a CORRUPT Filesystem
- Restoring from a checkpoint
- Fixing Stuck and Under Replicated Files
- Port Forwarding for the Hadoop Web Interface
- Running the Balancer
Recently upgraded from hdp 2.3.2 to 2.5.3 using rolling upgrade method. Wile upgrade status in Pause status, pending for commit. HDFS preserving all data in hdfs even after using -skipTrash option.
hdfs dfs -du -s -h give correct size after deletion. But hdfs dfsadmin -report show higher value.
Identified root cause working with hwx is : It keeps data in “trash” folder in datanode disks allocated for dfs storage.
This will be cleared after commit the rolling upgrade through Ambari or manually ” dfsadmin -finalizeUpgrade”