Why do we need to decommission a Resource node ?
- For maintenance of Resource node host like patching/hardware replacement etc.
- To discard Resource node server when it complete it’s life cycle and categorized as DNP (do not permit).
- Upgrade of hardware from lower configuration to higher configuration servers
How to decommission a data node ?
- yarn-site.xml file will have 2 configurations
- Add the decommission node name in <HADOOP_CONF_DIR>/yarn.exclude. If more than one node is there to decommission, then list them separated by newline. An example for <HADOOP_CONF_DIR> is /etc/hadoop/conf
- If you have <HADOOP_CONF_DIR>/yarn.include file using for yarn resource manager in hadoop, then make sure the decommission nodes are removed from this list.
- su <YARN USER> (example: su – yarn); yarn rmadmin -refresh nodes
- Note: user can very for your environment, use the right user.